As a partner and head of the firm’s Banking and Finance team, Peter practises in a range of banking and finance, property, corporate and commercial areas.
With over 30 years of industry expertise, Peter acts for Australian and foreign banks and financiers, property and mortgage funds, real estate developers, hospitality and serviced apartment operators, high net worth individuals and other various individual and corporate businesses.
Since joining Diamond Conway in March 2012, Peter has been instrumental in building the firm’s banking and finance practice and has been involved in the carriage of various complicated matters
Peter is the author of the book “The Law of Retail Leasing” and regularly speaks at seminars to banks and financial institutions on various aspects of consumer and commercial lending law and practice. In addition, Peter’s other notable achievements include:
• Guest speaking at education seminars for the Mortgage Industry Association of Australia;
• Chairperson at the College of Law Continuing Education Seminars;
• His former board position at a leading unlisted property syndicate company;
• His former board position at a leading mortgage origination and management company;
• Providing expert evidence in Supreme Court Proceedings; and
• Pioneering one of the first title insurance and settlement process services in Australia.
Prior to joining Diamond Conway, Peter was the managing partner of Heidtman & Co in Sydney.
Peter is a Member of the Law Council of Australia and is a solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales and the High Court of Australia.
Peter has completed a Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Laws at the University of New South Wales.